Abraham Lincoln Quotes

50 quotes from Abraham Lincoln



  1. "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."
  2. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
  3. "The best way to predict your future is to create it."
  4. "I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday."
  5. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
  6. "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
  7. "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
  8. "Whatever you are, be a good one."
  9. "If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my ax."
  10. "I am a slow walker, but I never walk back."
  11. "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."
  12. "I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody."
  13. "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
  14. "I am not concerned that you have fallen; I am concerned that you arise."
  15. "Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves."
  16. "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"
  17. "The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
  18. "I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be."
  19. "Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it."
  20. "The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time."
  21. "My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
  22. "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
  23. "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
  24. "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
  25. "The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."
  26. "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
  27. "I am not a Know-Nothing. That is certain. How could I be? How can anyone who abhors the oppression of Negroes be in favor of degrading classes of white people?"
  28. "Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be."
  29. "I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice."
  30. "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew."
  31. "I don't like that man. I must get to know him better."
  32. "The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
  33. "No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar."
  34. "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
  35. "I will prepare and some day my chance
  36. "The struggle of today is not altogether for today—it is for a vast future also."
  37. "Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."
  38. "My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."
  39. "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
  40. "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
  41. "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
  42. "I am a slow walker, but I never walk back."
  43. "I have stepped out upon this platform that I may see you and that you may see me, and in the arrangement I have the best of the bargain."
  44. "You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was."
  45. "It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river."
  46. "I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday."
  47. "I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."
  48. "I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be."
  49. "I do not think I could myself be brought to support a man for office whom I knew to be an open enemy of, and scoffer at, religion."
  50. "I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors, and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views."
Thanks for Reading for more news follow us.